Saturday 6 June 2020

Dirty Lenses

Lovely dreams last night.

Mainly I'm a nurse again, human first then VN later. 

In the first dream I'm in a large white clean room the walls seems to be glass or clear and it's very bright.  I'm helping a senior nurse. 

An elderly white man comes in, he's very frail with a walking stick and wearing old fashioned white cotton striped pyjamas - he can't see. 

The nurse greets him and helps him onto the bed where she chats quietly to him and hands me his spectacles to clean.

She sets about striping the man to wash him, starting with his face and while she's busy I take his old spectacles to the sink.

They are covered in a thick layer of grime and dirt making them totally opaque.  I wash this off first with the clean water coming from a long silver tap.   Then repair the legs and polish the lenses so that they shine brightly.

As I'm finished the man is sitting up in the bed, he still can't see but is feeling much better and is smiling at the other nurse, I kneel on the side of the bed and pop his glasses back on.

The man is utterly shocked when he can see again (His glasses were so dirty he may as well have been wearing a blindfold).

We help him up to look out of the window and then he gratefully bids us farewell - It felt very positive. 

The second dream

Is perhaps Alnwick again, it had the feeling of a campus/teaching but also a town.  Like Balifgate/main school idea - modern and different though. 

There were people I recalled from high school but also other aspects of my life too.  The head nurse was a blond bitchy girl from my high school and the other nurse was a girl I'd trained with at the PDSA. 

It starts of in a vet's and I'm a nurse there.  I'm not liked by the other staff, just tolerated I'd only taken one year of exams and though I knew the job inside out the head nurse treats me poorly.  The head nurse was a blond bitchy girl from my high school and the other nurse was a girl I'd trained with at the PDSA.   The younger tolerates me but the head nurse actively dislikes me - but it didn't bother me.   I was also aware I'd been there 10 years -  I wasn't wanted but was waiting anyway as there was something I needed to do/finish.   (10 years was relevant)


There is an elderly long-haired tabby cat, his leg is a mess and needs to be amputated.  They don't trust me to do the anaesthetic so I'm cleaning. 

We get a call from another vets practice in another part of town that needs help.   I offer to go.     The head nurse calls after me about how I look a mess...  I look down and I look ok but my uniform is a patchwork of all colours and places.  (Different places I'd worked)  I shout back that meby she should have done her job and got me a new uniform when I started then I'd not be wearing old torn uniforms from the store.  

It actually looked quite cool, I'd cut the useful parts from many different uniforms and sewen them into a workable multi-coloured outfit. 

As I get to the other practice I'm about to enter when I realise the other nurse has followed me down too and goes threw the door in front of me saying 'Go back, you're not qualified'  I wave at the staff in the second practice and leave again. Mildly exasperated at the waste of time but still upbeat start to dance my way back to the first practice.   I'm dancing down a small flight of stairs and over a bannister railing when an elderly white woman with short white hair grabs my arm and my attention.

She tells me it's good to dance as I'm looking into her blue/grey eyes.  I know she's special, she throws a coat and a fabric carpetbag onto a nearby bench revealing old wrinkled tanned skin over muscle and sinew she's strong - she starts to dance too and her thin form has incredible balance poise and strength.     The cat that's being operated on at the first practice belongs to her. 

We 'jump here' first we are together floating over a road and the ground below it has fallen away.   Most of road left hanging down into it.   A pit of yellow sulpha water is at the bottom splashing up as bits of a remaining land bridge fall down into it. 



'Jump again' we are on the side of a large pit in the ground.  At the base of the pit a rock platform surrounded by liquid fire in the bottom.  On the platform is a very large alligator type creature. 



The elderly woman has a safety harness and jumps down onto the pit wall, it's ledges make it scalable and I follow her into the pit though I have no harness.

She's strong, and fast and scales the walls down with ease - I try to keep up and am close to her when the alligator jumps up - it's face to face with her and she watches it as it spits a dark green venom into her face and then drops back down into the pit.   I take off part of my uniform to use to help her clean up. 



I jump again... this time I'm back at the first vet's.  I ask about the cat, the amputation went well and the cat is in recovery.   I'm asking about the reason for the amputation, injury illness and where the limb is.   It's only the younger of the 2 nurses now and she tells me the leg is in the clini-waste in the freezer.  I go retrieve the leg and the cat's notes.   The owner is called 'Irene George'  Though her name was spelt differently with an I & A in.  I know the lady wants histopathology done on a tissue sample from the limb and I fill out a form for it.

-

Wake and go into another dream.  I see the same lady, different clothing - it's images moving images visions for a woman's refuge/rescue but I recognise her clearly - She's dancing and is incredible.















No comments:

Post a Comment

Lots of Touching

  15th Dream at work..    I was with Ray, we were both young.   It was affectionate we had 3 dogs with funny personality's we were g...